Sunday, October 9, 2011

iPhone 4S, Should I Or Shouldn't I?

The day before Steve Jobs passed away, the iPhone 4S was announced, the unlikely, unwanted and certainly unwelcome successor to the iPhone 4. I've heard the same words mentioned about Tim Cook, the successor to Steve Jobs. But, come on? What's with all the hate?

Many people expected the iPhone 5 to be announced on October 4th, but instead they heard the words "iPhone 4S", emphasis on the S please. This made them unhappy, but why?

Apple - Steve Jobs

The 4S is a better phone! The antenna is better, the camera is superior and the processor is awesome. On paper it may not be the technically most advanced phone, but it is certainly easy to use, the App store, though locked down, has an almost endless library, and it's not ugly. OK, the looks are certainly subjective, but then so is choosing a phone. Most of the people going on about how terrible the iPhone is and how good their Android devices are would never buy an iPhone. Obvious really, but the iPhone is not for you! Don't buy it, but then again please stop telling me your phone is better when you see mine.

Originally, when the iPhone first started becoming popular, it was the Apple boys who started conversations saying "you MUST get this phone, it's better than sliced bread!". Annoying I know, and I can understand the resentment from everyone else, I don't want to be told to buy an iPhone, a Mac or an iPod. If I wanted one I would buy one. But that wasn't good enough for them. The one time I did find time to answer back was when I started telling a lovely iPhone owner that he really shouldn't have that stereo, and that mine came with x, y and z and was far superior to his in every way, and it was shiny. He didn't find it funny.

Ban Apple

But moving on with the times we now have those same people who hated (maybe too strong a word) the Apple fanboys talking about everything Apple, continuously talking about the greatest invention ever: Android.

OK, so maybe it's not everyone, or even a majority, but I can't believe it ever was with the Apple boys either. So just let it rest, please. A phone has come out that is better than the previous model, the previous model is still available for you to buy at a cheaper price, so be happy. If you don't like the phone don't buy it! Simple as that really.

Ah well, I'm off to count the pennies ready to buy my iPhone 4S...

No comments:

Post a Comment